Sunday, September 24, 2017

Bukit Bendera (Penang Hill)

A friend told me that the queue for tickets and train is often longer in the morning, so I decided to go in the evening. Another reason for doing that was because I wanted to watch the sunset and the night view.

I arrived at about 6 p.m. and there were only a few people queuing at the ticket counter. I didn't have to spend much time queuing. A return ticket cost only RM10 (adult).

If you're going during school holiday or weekend or public holiday, I recommend that you buy the ticket online to avoid the long queue. It might even be worth it to pay extra for a fast lane ticket.

I was told that you could also take a four-wheel drive up the hill and that would cost RM160. If you're more adventurous, hiking would take about 30 minutes.

The weather was a bit cloudy, so the sunset wasn't as spectacular as I hoped, but the night view was still amazing.

Malaysia's flag flying proud. This was a few days before independence day.

A post shared by Muslim Travel Stories (@muslimtravelstories) on

A lonesome tree.

A post shared by Muslim Travel Stories (@muslimtravelstories) on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penang Aquarium (Akuarium Tunku Abdul Rahman)

This aquarium is run by the Fisheries Department. The entry fee is only MYR5. It's small compared to Langkawi Aquarium, but still wor...